Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stay in touch

I travel often and sometimes am concerned about running my business. I have a neighbor who is an attorney, she travels more than I do. She once told me, "As long as you answer your phone, people don't care where you are."

She's right. Also, as long as you answer your email people don't care where you are. They just don't want to be ignored. That's the best way to run your business.

With iPhones and Blackberry's and all sorts of wireless computers and networks, it is so easy to run a business well. Gone are the days where you need to put an autoresponder on your email telling people you will be in touch in a week when you get back from vacation.

I am not suggesting you give up your whole holiday to answer emails, but it is a good idea to keep up with them more frequently than not. Keep your customers happy, they will keep coming back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home